It was a raging success today – “best aromatics wine tasting I’ve ever been to” and “I now feel like I understand wine a lot more” – and it’s all happening again tomorrow…
Here I am at the fourth annual Wine & Food Celebration in Auckland…
It is now an annual fixture on the city’s calendar and it was spear headed by Celia Hay, the founder and director of the New Zealand School of Food & Wine, which is based in Customs Street West, Auckland CBD.
Tomorrow there is a sake master class, a wine class led by Master of Wine Bob Campbell (known for his humour as well as great wine knowledge and an entertaining style of education and tasting skills) and then we have two aromatic wine classes.
Here are the wines I will host at 4pm:
2014 Loveblock Sweet Moscato
2016 Misha’s Late Harvest Gewürztraminer
2016 Two Rivers Sauvignon Blanc
2013 Decibel Viognier
2014 Grillo Tasca Sapori d’Italia (our non aromatic control wine)
2014 Misha’s Limelight Riesling
And here’s the time table:
- Feel the Heat: BBQ & Chilli. 5pm Monday 21 August $75
- Discover Saké: 5pm Monday 21 August $60
- Bob Campbell MW: 6pm Monday 21 August $75 per person
- Aromatic Whites – taste the aromatic white wine wave with me at 4pm Monday 21 August (price included in entry fee)
- German Rieslings at 6pm with Michael Jemison – the perfect ending to this great event.
- Click here to buy tickets.
Event information and ticket purchase here website.